Samuel Beniquez, CEO at AVFA and Award-winning Professional is an active member of the Public Relations Society of America; Public Relations Society of Puerto Rico; Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association; licensed by the Regulatory Board of Public Relations Professionals of Puerto Rico; Voting member of The Latin Recording Academy and Voting member of The Recording Academy, Florida Chapter (Member Since 2002).
Beníquez, began his working career in a data processing center at a very early age. Beníquez was 16 years old and still in high school when he began working as a Data Processor in the General Services Administration of the Government of Puerto Rico’s Computer Center; he was the only teenager hired at that age and in a night shift. When he turned eighteen, following his father’s example, he began working in the Cooperativa de Ahorro y Crédito Hermanos Unidos, in Hato Rey, Puerto Rico.
After ascending various positions in his job, he left to work independently as an insurance and investments agent in Primerica Financial Services [a CitiGroup division], where he became Regional Vice President, while completing a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a minor in Marketing. Meanwhile, he acquired a greater knowledge about insurance and investments from his coworkers who had extensive knowledge in this field.
One of Beniquez’s greatest goals in life was to have a successful career and be the president of his own company. Beniquez always had the intention to build a solid career and when the time came, to create his own company. In 1995, along with his brother, Samuel Ortiz, he established First Home Financial, a multi-branched company with offices throughout Puerto Rico and in Pennsylvania, USA. He was the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the corporation and CEO of this financial institution. From that moment on, he also became Chief Executive Officer of various successful companies such as ER Remodeling and Construction Co., Imperial Music Studio, Imperial College, Black Dot Records, BD Authors, Imperial Recording Studios and Imperial Artists, amongst others, while studying a degree in laws in Kaplan University. Aside from his administrative role, he was directly involved with the marketing and advertising of these companies.
His action-packed career in the corporate world allowed him to gain significant experience in administration and in the duty of being responsible for a company’s success.
Today, Beniquez is CEO of Advertising Values For All, Corp. (AVFA), a leading company in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, with offices in Miami, Florida and New York City. The firm is dedicated to providing traditional and interactive marketing services, advertising and public relations to all enterprises of all types and sizes. The firm also provides counseling and business support services.
After becoming CEO of the firm, Beníquez has worked to expand and position the enterprise for success in the 21st century, focusing on growth, while moving on and succeeding in new business areas. His business approach is aggressive, yet protects the company from assuming too much risk, while maximizing growth opportunities.
Beníquez has always surrounded himself with knowledgeable and talented people. Moreover, he has simplified the organization and promotes a team approach to problem solving and determining long-term strategies and direction. Likewise, Beníquez has empowered employees with a system of policies and values, and has focused on achieving and living by AVFA mission and vision, where professionalism and service excellence are imperative.
While Mr. Beniquez has been CEO, the firm and he has won the following awards:
- March 7, 2011: For it’s excellent leadership on March 7, 2011 in Geneva, AVFA won the award for business excellence “CENTURY INTERNATIONAL QUALITY ERA AWARD”, “GOLD CATEGORY”, awarded by the corporate congress that BID (Business Initiative Directions) held annually.
- On June 25, 2011: The firm received the award for business excellence “THE BIZZ 2011″, the recognition of “Inspirational Company” and the honorary title of “World Business Leader”. Also, Samuel Beniquez won the honorary title of “World Leader Businessperson”, “Excellence in Business Leadership” and “Excellence in Quality Management”.
- On November, 2011: The firm won the acclaimed Platinum Statuette at the MarCom Awards for the outstanding and successful social media campaign which it created for Atlantic University College (http://facebook.com/AtlanticUniversity), which is incidentally recognized as the leading university for digital arts in the Caribbean.
- On June 10, 2012: AVFA received the award for business excellence “The Peak of Success 2012″ and the recognition of “Inspirational Company”, awarded by WORLDCOB (World Confederation of Businesses). In addition, the firm earned for second year the honorary title of “World Business Leader”. Also, for the second consecutive year, Samuel Beniquez won the honorary title of “World Leader Businessperson”, “Excellence in Business Leadership” and “Excellence in Quality Management”.
- On October 17, 2012: Samuel Beniquez and Samuel Ortiz, from AVFA, were nominated for an Emmy® Award for the category “COMMUNITY / PUBLIC SERVICE (PSAs),” for public service commercial that produced entitled: Date Cuenta… Orientate Detenel Bullying!
- On November 2012: The firm won two (2) MarCom Awards: one for public service campaign marketing/public relations/communications entitled “Date Cuenta… ¡Oriéntate! Detén el “Bullying”, and another, for the social media campaign prepared for Atlantic University College institution.
This article is also available in: Spanish