Samuel Ortiz, COB/CMO at AVFA and Award-winning Professional is an active member of the Public Relations Society of America; Public Relations Society of Puerto Rico; Puerto Rico Manufacturers Association; Sales & Marketing Executives Association of Puerto Rico (SME); licensed by the Regulatory Board of Public Relations Professionals of Puerto Rico; Voting member of The Latin Recording Academy and Voting member of The Recording Academy, Florida Chapter (Member Since 2002).
Mr. Ortiz has been business oriented ever since he was a child. He began working at the age of fourteen in his family’s gardening business in Puerto Rico, especially taking care of the business’s promotions and advertising. While in high school, he continued to take charge of his family’s business’ publicity and creative department. Once he began his studies in Political Sciences at the Interamerican University of Puerto Rico at the age of eighteen, he left the family business to work as an insurance and investments agent with Primerica Financial Services [a CitiGroup division], where, he became Regional Manager. During this time he learned many things about network marketing, and related fields, from his highly qualified peers and also from his exposure to people with vast knowledge in marketing.
His skillfulness and determination lead him to become co-founder of the financial institution First Home Financial, headquartered in various towns of Puerto Rico and in the state of Pennsylvania, USA. There he became the Chief Marketing Officer and Chairman of the Board of Directors of the corporation. From there on he became COB/CMO of different successful businesses, such as ER Remodeling & Construction Co., Imperial Music Studio, Imperial College, Black Dot Records, BD Authors, Imperial Recording Studios and Imperial Artists, amongst others.
In 1999, Ortiz was writer of the famous section of the Newspaper Primera Hora: “Cosas de La Vida”, where all weekends published their philosophical thoughts. Through this great experience, he met many influential people in the media and communications industry.
Ortiz has a creative, ingenious and gifted mind, elements necessary to be a to be an excellent executive in the advertising world. He also plays the guitar and piano. Because of his outstanding talents in music, Samuel Ortiz has been also co-produced and composed many musical themes such as: Histeria, Dame de ti, Inevitable, Todo fue por…, Si a ti te gusta, amongst other 24 compositions that still can be found in all kinds of formats through the internet and music stores. He also co-produced musical albums such as: Histeriha and Off Da’ Hook [winner of a Paoli Award]; both proposed in their day for awards such as “The Grammy” and “The Latin Grammy’s”. Likewise, his compositions have been in albums such as Viper Boyz, in which shared credits with international artists such as: Lil’ Jon, DJ Smurf, Ying Yang Twins, Ludacris, The TNT and The East Side Boyz.
Due to his great contributions to music though his productions in English and in Spanish, Ortiz is a voting member of “The Recording Academy” and “The Latin Recording Academy” (The Grammy) since 2003. In 2003, Ortiz became the Creative and Marketing Director of “El Galeno”, medical magazine of the Colegio de Médicos y Cirujanos de Puerto Rico. That same year, he also became the manager of the famous singer Celinés and many more artists, an opportunity that gave this the chance to grow professionally in the international music industry.
In the year 2005, Ortiz was editor and creative director of Samuel Beníquez’s autobiographical “Tu alto precio… Mi gran valor“, a book that created great commotion in the Puerto Rican mass media and around the globe due to it’s uncovering of the truth about religion, family and power.
His exciting advance in the corporate world allowed him to gain significant experience in integrated communications and in the role and responsibility of being in charge of marketing services and products for different companies, both nationally and internationally.
Today, Ortiz is COB/CMO of Advertising Values For All, Corp. (AVFA), a leading company in Puerto Rico and the Caribbean, with offices in Miami, Florida and New York City. The firm is dedicated to providing traditional and interactive marketing services, advertising and public relations to all enterprises of all types and sizes. The firm also provides counseling and business support services.
Since assuming his COB/CMO position in the firm, Ortiz has worked creatively to promote and advertise the products and services of companies that AVFA represents, and its market positioning.
While Mr. Ortiz has been COB/CMO, the firm and he has won the following awards:
- March 7, 2011: For it’s excellent leadership on March 7, 2011 in Geneva, AVFA won the award for business excellence “CENTURY INTERNATIONAL QUALITY ERA AWARD”, “GOLD CATEGORY”, awarded by the corporate congress that BID (Business Initiative Directions) held annually.
- On June 25, 2011: The firm received the award for business excellence “THE BIZZ 2011″, the recognition of “Inspirational Company” and the honorary title of “World Business Leader”. Also, Samuel Ortiz won the honorary title of “World Leader Businessperson”, “Excellence in Business Leadership” and “Excellence in Marketing Management”.
- On November, 2011: The firm won the acclaimed Platinum Statuette at the MarCom Awards for the outstanding and successful social media campaign which it created for Atlantic University College (http://facebook.com/AtlanticCollege), which is incidentally recognized as the leading university for digital arts in the Caribbean.
- On June 10, 2012: AVFA received the award for business excellence “The Peak of Success 2012″ and the recognition of “Inspirational Company”, awarded by WORLDCOB (World Confederation of Businesses). In addition, the firm earned for second year the honorary title of “World Business Leader”. Also, for the second consecutive year, Samuel Ortiz won the honorary title of “World Leader Businessperson”, “Excellence in Business Leadership” and “Excellence in Marketing Management”.
- On October 17, 2012: Samuel Ortiz and Samuel Beniquez, from AVFA, were nominated for an Emmy® Award for the category “COMMUNITY / PUBLIC SERVICE (PSAs),” for public service commercial that produced entitled: Date Cuenta… Orientate Deten el Bullying!
- On November 2012: The firm won two (2) MarCom Awards: one for public service campaign marketing/public relations/communications entitled “Date Cuenta… ¡Oriéntate! Detén el “Bullying”, and another, for the social media campaign prepared for Atlantic University College institution.
This article is also available in: Spanish